Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Having pets is hard

It's been a while since I've posted on here, I've been so busy with ball and being sick last week I haven't had time to post.

I've still been thinking of Sadie a lot and mourning her loss.  There are so many things that make me think of her from starting up the vacuum to opening the patio door.  Both things used to drive her nuts!  I miss her affection so much.

These cats we got have been a nice distraction but it's not the same.  They are super cute and the kids are enjoying them immensely.  They will be 5 weeks tomorrow and are still in our garage.  We had planned on moving them by now but all the kittens developed eye infections.  I know they are supposed to be barn cats and in the wild it's survival of the fittest but I just can't disregard their life like they are nothing.  I want to give them the best chance of survival I can.  I called the vet and explained they weren't weaned and Mom is feral and told them about their eyes asking for advice.  They told me it might be too traumatic to take them away from mother now so just clean the gook from their eyes with a clean rag a couple times a day and call back if it got worse.

So yesterday I check on kittens and one kitties eyes are so bad they are matted shut and she can't see a thing!  Another one has one bad eye and the other 2 seem better.  So first thing this morning I called the vet and they recommended antibiotic ointment.  I had to wash a long time to clear the dried gook and put in the ointment.  We also bought some vaccines from rural king but kittens have to be 9 weeks before getting those.  I guess I'm not cut out to be an outside pet owner I just love animals too much.

Here's a picture of the healthy kittens.


That is cupcake.

This is cuddles.  (At least I think because I can't tell the orange ones apart)


Now the poor sickies...  First the one with one really bad eye,  meet Cocoa


And last but not least poor little Pudding 


Here's a close up ignore the double chinned lady in the back ground lol


Anyway...I'm really worried about them and to make matters worse, the memories that flooded me as I left the vet today overwhelmed me and left me sobbing in the car for a long time.  I miss my Sadie pup.

No comments:

Post a Comment