Monday, April 28, 2014

Ol Murphy...

So we had a couple maintenance issues at the house this week.  We had a leak in our roof a couple years ago in the kids room.  A couple weeks ago I noticed the drywall bubbled in the Caleb and Addy's room.  Bona was sure it had been there for 2 years.  I couldn't remember for sure how much damage there was so I took his word for it.  This morning I found this... 


I taped the tape up so it wouldn't tear more but let's face it...it won't matter.  So now I'm worried about mold in the wall etc...  The roof guy came today and put a "bonnet" over exhaust pipe which is where water was leaking in supposedly.

If that wasn't enough excitement there is a strange odor emitting from the hot water heater.  Bona dismantled the  exhaust pipe thinking maybe a bird had built a nest in there, but no such luck.  It smells like rotten eggs in the basement.  We have a CO2 sensor on that level and every level and have repairman coming tomorrow, I hope it's not too expensive.

On the bright side of things, Spring is here and my flowers are in bloom.  Look at this pretty arrangement Addy cut and made for me!


No comments:

Post a Comment